Welcome to the Guidance and Counseling Department
The Guidance and Counseling department intentionally plans, organizes, and implements a comprehensive school counseling program aligned to the Texas Model that assists all students in their personal, social, academic, and career development. Professional School Counselors (PSC’s) collaborate with stakeholders to meet the individual needs of each student by implementing supports aiding in student growth which further cultivates their development into global citizens.
Guidance and Counseling – Professional School Counselor Beliefs
• All students can achieve academic success given appropriate supports in safe and nurturing environments while respecting their unique and diverse needs;
• All students have value and the right to have access to a comprehensive school counseling program;
• All students can grow personally when their social and emotional needs are met;
• All school counselors will advocate for UISD student needs through student centered policies and procedures;
• All school counselors understand student personal-social developmental stages and will provide appropriate proactive and responsive counseling services.
Click on an image below for more information.